1. How can I get my students to ask questions about the research they are conducting?
The beat way I can engage my students to ask questions about the research they are conducting is to create a Think Sheet for them to use. The NTeQ model uses Think Sheets to encourage and guide students learning. The Think Sheet "help students set goals, focus their attention, generate new ideas and understanding, and monitor their progress" (p.126)
2. How can I teach my students to solve problems?
I can teach my students to solve problems by teaching them strategies for Self-Regulation. there are four information processing strategies. There are 4 information processing strategies. These 4 strategies are recall, integration, organization and elaboration. By implementing both our knowledge of self-regulation and the four information processing strategies I can create a Think Sheet that will help my students understand the information they discover through their inquiries.
3. I've never used an inquiry-based approach, much less computers-so how is a teacher suppose to use both of these at one time?
The technology used by the students during my lesson is implemented to increase their knowledge base of the subject matter. By using a problem based learning approach there is a lot more to discover and by using technology, learning is a lot more fun. Using technology allows the student independence while researching and collecting data and therefore making learning a more student -centered learning environment.
Reference
Morrison, Gary R., Lowther, Deborah L. (2010) Integrating Computer Technology into the Classroom Skills for the 21st. Century
No comments:
Post a Comment