Thursday, July 19, 2012

Reflecting on What I Know Chapter 11

1.  What are the benefits of using problem-solving or educational software?


There are many benefits to using problem solving and educational software in the classroom.  Not only does it increase student attention and motivation but it also gives individual immediate feedback.  


2.  How do I choose the correct software?


There are several software criteria to follow when deciding on which software to incorporate into the classroom. If following these key criteria guidelines you should be able to do it successfully.  

  • Effective in meeting instructional objectives
  • Assessment of learning
  • Ease of use
  • Content accuracy
  • Research-Based instructional strategies
3.  When I integrate problem-solving or educational software into a lesson, what changes will be needed?

There needs to be careful consideration done to make sure that the software being incorporated is evaluated properly.  There are six key components of the NTeQ to be incorporated into the lesson plan to insure it is successful: computer function, research, analysis, results presentation, and activities during, before and after computer use.  


No comments:

Post a Comment