Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Chapter 6 Reflecting on What I Know

1.  Now that I have access to the web, how can I use it effectively?  
Having access to the World Wide Web is like having access to ANYTHING I need to know at the touch of a computer key.  I am pretty sure not a day goes by that I do not Google something.  It can expand the knowledge base of any subject I am teaching or learning.  Knowing how to properly search for information can help me perform a more effective search.  This is something I am glad to have learned from chapter 6 and I plan to teach my students how to do this as well.


2.  How do I manage students use of the Web in my class?  
I think by guiding students in the right direction, as well as teaching them more effective strategies for searching for information on the Web, will only increase students effectiveness with the web.  I also think the placement of their desks as well as mine in the classroom will help with my monitoring.  By having my desk in the back of the classroom I can easily see what each student is looking at on their computers.


3.  Which features of the Web do I use?
Not only do I use the Web for gathering information, but I will also plan to continue the use of sites like Delicious to keep all of my gathered internet information organized.  I also think the using the Web to keep the communication lines open for my students as well as their parents in a great resources.  Communication is key to being an effective teacher.  



No comments:

Post a Comment