Thursday, July 26, 2012

Reflecting on What I Know Chapter 12

1.  What can I do to "get ready" for a lesson in which my students use computers?

There are many different ways I can get ready for using computers in a lesson.  I must first take into consideration the number of computers I have access to in my classroom.  I must then decide the best way that computer use will impact the learning of the particular lesson being taught.  Will they be used for information searching or aid as a way to organize the information found or both?  I them decide if the class will work in groups and if so, what size groups.  There are many factors for me to take into consideration when incorporating computers into my lessons.

2.  Where does the "computer part" come when I am teaching a lesson?

The computer part of a lesson will depend on how the computer is being used in the lesson. If it is being used to gather information, organize information or for present information, it will be used during the particular parts of the lesson it is needed.  If it is to be used for all parts of the lesson then it be used for most of the lesson.  This could be the case when each student has access to their own person computer.

3.  How do you ensure equal access for all students with only three computers?


This can be done when you set your lesson to have the students break off into groups.  Each group is to rotate their computer time and the students should also be in a rotation.  This can be clearly stated in a Lesson Handout that is distributed at the beginning of the assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment